Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #13

A couple of weeks ago, I found a new blog challenge at Kaboodle Doodles. I don't have any of their products but one day I will, lol.

This week's challenge is to create a card that is not a traditional looking card. They want shapes!!! So I decided to use a template that I found a while back. My friend, Susan, asked me to make baby shower invitations for her neice's shower... she's having a girl! So I'm trying this out! I found this fabulous template at Stampington & Co.


I printed the template directly on the cardstock, which was an issue. The black edge showed and I spent an hour carefully trimming it away. Very time consuming.


I stamped and embossed the skirt, sleeves and hem of the dress. I realized AFTER I did all that that I should have cut some patterned paper and overlaid the template, but of course, I do everything the hard way.



I had to work hard to get good pictures of the hem of the pinafore, and none of them are great. We're a little windy today, so I couldn't go outside to take a picture. But when I was done with the card, it reminded me of many of the little dresses my 3 girls wore when they were little...good memories!
Baby Shower card details:
Stamps: Figures of Speech (SU!)
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette (SU!)
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: ribbon, embossing powder
I am taking constructive criticism. Please tell me what you think!

3 comments:

Liza said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, so cute!

Liza x

Kim Dellow said...

What a brilliant card, fab idea. Thanks for joining the Kaboodle Doodle Challenge this week. Kim

Jo Nevill said...

This is fabulous. I have used this template before to make a card and it looks fantastic. All the time put in is well worth it.

Thank you for joining our challenge this week.

Jo x