Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #7

Another great Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge! And #7!!! Don't you just love these??? This week the movie chosen was A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving! This movie is a MUST in our home! Even though my girls are grown, they still watch it!

Problem --- no Charlie Brown stamps...what to do?


I follow a great blog, The Stampin' Academy. And a while ago, Angie posted a fun little video tutorial how to use your punches to create a little turkey! It was pretty easy, but small. So, I decided to use my BIGGER punches and make my own!


I used my giga scallop circle punch and a giga circle punch by Marvy, as well as a 2" circle punch by Fiskars. I cut a 2" square and cut it down to 1¾" for the hat, and used what I trimmed off to make the brim of the hat. I also used the boho blossoms punch from Stampin' Up! to create the feet and beak. And I found this pack of wiggle eyes at Dollar Tree, and aren't they cute!


I had so much fun figuring the turkey out --- and I'm going to make some more of the bigger version of the turkey for my dinner table Thursday. Maybe placecards?

Give Thanks card details:
Stamps: Tall Oaks (Verve)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Really Rust, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories: Giga Scallop Circle punch, Giga Circle punch (Marvy), 2" circle punch (Fiskars), Boho Blossoms pucnh (SU!), buttons, wiggle eyes
I hope you like my card! And gobble gobble!

4 comments:

Delfina said...

I love what you did with your turkey.

Sankari W. said...

Fantastic Turkey Becky!!! Love what you did with all your punches! And those eyes are so fun! Would love to see the place cards that you make - what a fun idea! Thank you so much in playing along with in the challenge this week! Its always so fun to see your creations. I nominated you for the Butterfly Award on my blog - it has been such a pleasure to meet you through the KW challenges and the Cinema Challenges! You are a total sweetheart!!!
Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!!
Best wishes,
Sankari :)

Sherri said...

Super cute! Happy thanksgiving!

Arielle H Gordon said...

You did a great job with your turkey, Becky!!! I want to see those placecards, too!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Arielle