Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge # 11

I think this is going to have to be the last day I can participate in any kind of challenge, and I'm really sad about it. I do all my work on my dining room table, and I kind of need it now, lol. I've been packing the table up for days now, and I realized yesterday when I went to make my card, I had packed up more than I thought.

I couldn't find the patterned paper I wanted to use...
I couldn't find my craft knife...
I couldn't find this really cool bell stamp...
I couldn't find some wide burgundy ribbon...

ARGH!!!

And being me, over-critical & anal, I just couldn't make my card come out the way I saw it. But I'm posting it anyway, lol!

This week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge is inspired by one of the best classic Christmas movies, It's A Wonderful Life.

I used a sketch that I'm 99.9% sure came from Paper Craft Planet, again, I didn't write it down. I don't know what's wrong with me lately!

I found a pack of very old Stampin' Up metallic paper...and I wanted to make my card have some kind of metal on it. And the paper was perfect!

I couldn't find the stamps that I wanted to use, but I did know of a bell that I have on a CD in my graphic library. So I printed it directly on the cardstock and I thought it looked fabulous! A little glitter and the bells are perfect! I can't find this really fabulous burgundy ribbon so I just epoxied the bow as it was. BUT I'm going to keep looking for the ribbon and I'll re-post the card after I redo the card, lol!

When A Bell Rings card details:
Paper: Silver, Bravo Burgundy - retired (SU!)
Accessories: glitter, liquid epoxy, punches, ribbon
I hope you like my card! And thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Ann said...

LOVE the silver paper, Becky, and your bells came out perfectly! :D

Tethered2Home said...

I love the silver bells! TFS, Amy.

Ophthalmologist said...

The bells are great, and I love this glossy bow! Fantastic card!

Cassie said...

OH, I think it turned out lovely! Thank you for stopping by to check mine out (and for the kind words)! I hope that you had a Merry Christmas, and can reclaim your table for crafting!