Saturday, December 8, 2007

I'm so proud...

I'm so thrilled! I made my very first handcrafted Christmas cards!

I don't know if I was inspired by the paper, which is gorgeous. I don't know if I just saw the images in my head. What I do know is that I bought the paper to do a Christmas layout for this year's big day (I actually did 2 layouts with it) and just saw potential in the paper.

The cards just sort of flowed out of me...I can't remember the last time I was so inspired, so determined to finish a project. I liked the fact that I have finally found a use for all those little scraps of paper that I've saved for years.



And the creativity just kept flowing.

I had a bunch of tins that I had purchased for future projects (don't ask me what) so I took one that I had painted pink, added some of the same paper and ribbons from my huge reserves (again, don't ask) and voila! Instant card storage box! I can tell just with a glance that there are 24 beautiful Christmas cards with envelopes in there!



I'm so proud of myself!

Now I'm wondering what else I can do like that...the mind boggles :)


No comments: