Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Heaux Heaux Heaux!

Less than a week....yikes! Six days til Christmas!!!

My dinner is planned and shopped, everything is waiting to be diced, chopped and cooked. I have 15 people coming for Christmas dinner but I do 99% of the cooking and baking. My menu is pretty standard (for us), but every year I try to add one new thing. This year it's a new spinach recipe and we'll see how it goes. I get tired of cooking the same things each holiday dinner...I'm trying to add a little excitement, lol.

turkey
honey baked ham
shrimp dressing
oyster dressing
cornbread dressing
beef & mushroom rice
mashed potatoes
macaroni & cheese
green bean & artichoke casserole
bacon wrapped green beans
spinach madeleine
baked cauliflower
corn
tossed salad
rolls
biscuits
pecan pie
christmas cake
brownies
assorted cookies
wine
tea
coffee

Yes, it's a lot. I got in the habit of fixing all this food when my girls were small and extremely picky eaters. And it stuck, lol. I'll do the baking on Saturday, start putting the casseroles together on Sunday. By noon Monday, my refridgerator will be stuffed full with my dinner. I'm hoping to get my table set Monday night, but we are going to the bonfires in Gramercy Christmas Eve night, so I'm not sure I'll get that far. I'm still hoping though.

If anyone would like a copy of one of my recipes, email me. I'll be happy to send them to you.

I still have a few gifts to finish making (altered calendars, pens, notepads and mini photo albums in a coordinating tin) but everything else is wrapped and hidden. Mia is hard on any presents that we've put under the tree, thank goodness nothing she's unwrapped was hers, lol.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas season. I'm not sure I'll have enough time to post anything for the next several days and I wanted to make sure I said that. Joyeux Noel!


glitter-graphics.com

No comments: